I am pretty sure you know by now that one of the main benefits of living a healthy lifestyle is hopefully less doctors visits and no need for medication. I am also big on herbs and healing yourself through home remedies. While I was in Trinidad, I picked up some organic turmeric that I use to make the most amazing shakes. You should also know that turmeric is in the ginger family, and is a root that gets ground into powder used for cooking.
Benefits of Turmeric
- ANTI-INFLAMMATORY – Prevents conditions such as asthma, allergies, rheumatoid arthritis, and heart disease without the side effects of drugs.
- ANTI-CANCER – Prevents, slows and kills the growth of various types of cancer, particularly tumors of the esophagus, mouth, intestines, stomach, breast and skin.
- IMMUNE SYSTEM – Fight bacterial/viral infections and cleanses your blood though improved digestion. Known to be 5-8 times stronger than vitamins C and E.
Turmeric Shake Recipe
- 1 cup of unsweetened coconut or almond milk
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon turmeric paste or powder
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- a few shakes of ground black pepper
- generous dash of vanilla
- raw local honey or maple syrup to taste
- sprinkle of cinnamon