This post is for my dolls who are looking to maintain or build a butt…
Let me start by saying building any muscle requires eating clean and training hard. People always assume that my bottom half is all genetics, when the reality is that I always had the potential to have a great bottom half, but training hard and eating clean took my body to the next level. So here are a few of my favorite training moves dedicated to my curves…
This is an awesome way to relieve tension in your lower back and work your butt at the same time.
- Lie on your back with your arms at your sides with your knees bent and your feet on the floor.
- Lift your hips toward the ceiling. Hold for 1 count, and then lower back down.
- Repeat the lifts for 60 seconds, squeezing your glutes and hamstrings at the top of the range of motion. Be careful not to overarch your spine.
- To make this exercise more difficult, extend one leg at the top of the lift. Keep your thighs parallel and hold the lifted position for about 5 seconds.
- Keeping your hips up, place your foot back on the floor and then lower your hips.
- Repeat this exercise for 30 seconds; switch sides and do the move for another 30 seconds on the other leg.
Single-Leg Glute Bridge
- Lie on your back with your knees bent and your feet flat on the floor near your butt and hip-width apart.
- Keeping your knees in line, extend one leg.
- On your exhale, squeeze your glutes and push your hips up toward the ceiling as high as you can go.
- Pause, then lower until your butt hovers right above the floor, and repeat without touching the ground.
Hydrants with Leg Extension
- Begin on all fours with your knees hip-width apart and your wrists stacked over your shoulders.
- Lift your left knee toward the ceiling, then extend the left foot straight out to the side.
- Pause before you bend your knee again, and bring your leg back to starting position.
- Repeat for 45 to 60 seconds on the left side before you switch to the right.
Squat with Kick-Back
You are strong. Your quads and butt are toned (okay, getting there). You will not fall as you attempt this powerhouse move.
- Stand with your legs shoulder-width apart.
- Sit back to a squat, bringing your fists close to your chin.
- Then bring your left leg straight behind you while extending your arms forward.
- Return to the squat position, then repeat on the other side.
- Continue alternating sides for one minute.
- As you squat, remember to keep your weight back on your heels.
- When extending the leg behind you, keep your hips square — don’t twist them toward the side.