Now we know how crazy that time of the month can make us – everything from cramps to the desire to eat nothing but chocolate cake with strawberry icing. Ah, the joys of premenstrual syndrome! Well here’s a short list of foods that can help you fight PMS.
- Water – Hydrating can prevent acne, keep away cramps, and help with bloating. If you’re getting enough water, your body won’t retain liquid, keeping you comfortable.
- Salmon – A plate of salmon is high on Omega-3 and helps fight inflammation.
- Asparagus – This vegetable is amazing when it comes to bloating – not to mention it’s also a natural diuretic.
- Flaxseed – When it comes to cramps, have one to two teaspoons of ground flaxseed daily. Try sprinkling it over cereal or salad or stir it into a smoothie.
- Ginger – Ginger may alleviate symptoms of the common cold, the flu, headaches and menstrual pain. Grate a small piece of ginger, add it to hot water, and drink for menstrual cramp relief.
P.S. Remember Doll, the show must go on!
P.P.S. Avoid dairy! Getting calcium from dairy products, milks and cheese can actually trigger cramps.