Hope you’re having fun and staying fabulous!
Not sure if you know it or not, but one of the things we women lack most is iron. Iron deficiency can affect your workout goals by preventing you from pushing through a tough workout. Not to mention, a lack of it can cause increased muscle soreness.
Women actually need more iron than men to make up for the amount of iron they lose during their menstrual period. Around 1 mg of iron is lost for every day of bleeding. Iron deficiency is the most common nutrient deficiency in women. So here’s my top 5 foods that can give you plenty of iron:
- look at this site Lentils not only give you iron but also plenty of protein.
- you could try these out Spinach – who doesn’t like a delicious salad made up of spinach & shrimp?!
- Beef is my all time favorite! There’s nothing like juicy steak after my workout to help me feel replenished.
- Oysters not only give you iron but can also help you in the bedroom.
- Tomatoes have tons of iron, plus a good amount of vitamin A, which can help you maintain healthy skin, hair, mucous membranes, bones and teeth.