To my surprise, he actually had the same rough time that I did! Now don’t get me wrong, I have had my share of bad dates. You know the guy who asked you out to dinner, but at the end of the date asks you to split the bill? Or my all-time-favorite is the guy who asks “Sooo… what are you doing after this?” but really means “Is sex happening tonight, or what?”
On the other hand, my fiancé’s take is that most of the women he dated seemed to be have quite a few emotional issues and lacked overall first date etiquette. So with his experiences in mind, here are my top 5 tips for a great first date:
- Relax! Don’t put pressure on yourself to be witty, smart or alluring. Don’t get caught up in the version of yourself you wish you to be, but allow him to date the REAL you.
- First impressions are everything! Pick an outfit that makes you feel fabulous, but try not to reveal too much. Leaving something to the imagination can go a long way.
- Show respect! Show up on time, be polite to the waitstaff, and give your date your undivided attention. Yes – that means no cell phone for the night!
- And for the love of God, please let him lead. If he wants to pay, let him pay, doll! And another thing, let him follow up after the date.
- Don’t drink too much! We all love a good glass or two of wine. But I suggest waiting for your Girls’ Night Out to get wasted.
buy synthroid in bulk P.S. Remember Ladies – The most important thing is to try not to focus on where this relationship will go, but on enjoying the moment!