My birthday is in a few months and I’ve been reflecting on what makes me happy.
Also, I’ve been wondering where I see myself in the next three to five years. This is a big question that you’d think it would be easy for me to answer but that has not been the case! LOL!
I deliver babies. I am a personal trainer. And I’m starting a nonprofit. Now, it’s time to sit down and decide what my life will look like three years from now!😬
I’ve learned during the past few years that doing a ton of things all at the same time is not always the best way to go, LOL! Yes, we can all do many things in this life, but it’s best not to do them at the same time.
I was never big on taking baby steps, but at this point in my life, I’m trying to give each and every one of my projects my undivided attention. When I’m with my doula and personal training clients, I’m 100% focused on them, and when it’s time to give my attention to research for my nonprofit, that’s where I’m at.
Lately, people of been telling me I look extremely young– younger than I did three years ago. That’s great! I think it’s because I’ve been spending a lot of time taking baths, using my body scrub and cream, and hanging out at the beach, splashing in the seawater. All of these things allow me to clear my mind, which takes years of the body.
So, I’ll be 39 in a few weeks and, if you ask me, this is the recipe to happiness and looking young!
1. It’s important to always remain grateful and keep your faith. So many people have less than us. When we lack gratitude for what we have now, we chase many things away from us by our lack of appreciation.
2. Giving and receiving are really the same thing. Whether you are giving or receiving, both require you to keep your hands open. Giving is another way to show appreciation and open yourself to receiving. You’re also showing appreciation and honoring to your ancestors.
3. I can’t stress enough how important self-care is, whether it be a hot bath or a mini-vacation. I suggest having a solo date night scheduled weekly– a night dedicated to self-care.
4. Having sex is another way to spark creativity and take care of yourself– as long as the sex is good! Yes, doing it yourself is also an option. LOL! Maybe even a better option since you can focus entirely on your needs.
5. Bonus! Always remember that there are some waves you must go through, some waves that are best to go around, and some waves it’s best just to sit on the beach and watch.