I hope you are having a great day! I am out and about enjoying this beautiful fall weather. Just wanted to do quick post responding to a couple of emails I have received from people wanting to know what type of protein shakes I drink and what do I eat after my workouts that allows me to build the most muscle.
Let me just start off by saying I believe in eating food before and after workouts. I’m not so big on protein shakes unless I’m doing contest prep. As some of you may or may not have noticed, I’ve gained some weight over the last couple of months since I’m currently off-season and am really dedicated to building muscle, or as I like to say… GAINZ!
Here’s a short list of things to eat that will allow you to replenish your muscles before and after your workout:
- Learn More Here purchase gabapentin online Cottage Cheese: Contain caseins and an average of 28 grams of protein in one cup! Feel free to spice it up a little by adding a couple of strawberries.
- Chocolate Milk: Not only tastes yummy, but also contains the slow-digesting protein, casein. Chocolate milk has been touted as not only a great post-workout recovery drink, but also as a good source of necessary carbs.
- Spinach is not a superfood, but the calcium in spinach can help to relax muscles and prevent cramping during strngth training.
- Turkey is one of the leanest meat options available and is perfect for building muscle.
- Oatmeal is my all time breakfast favorite! It’s high in fiber, yet offers a low sugar and carbohydrate option needed for lasting energy when muscle training. Look for whole rolled oats and avoid processed.
- Brown rice is a must for my dolls that are trying to build that BOOTY! Brown rice offers complex carbohydrates which lead to lasting energy for athletes. Look for a whole grain options when shopping for this staple.
- Bananas & peanut butter on wheat toast is a perfect pre-workout snack. It contains complex & simple carbohydrates so that the release of energy during your workout is slow and steady throughout your routine.