Hope you’re having an awesome week! Just wanted to touch on the topic of carbs…
I can remember when people started to notice my body transforming, the question they always asked was ‘Do you eat carbs?’.
The answer is ‘YES’! The thing about carbs is that your body needs them for energy, but I will say certain carbs give you more energy and protein than others. Here’s a list of some of the most beneficial carbs:
- Barley is not only an appetite suppressant, but it also contains 5 grams of fiber, not to mention it also lowers cholesterol.
- My all time favorite, black beans, are an advanced fat-burning, muscle-building machine with 12 grams of protein and 9 grams of fiber.
- Quinoa is higher in protein than any other grain and is packed with vitamin B.
- Kamut is a grain native to the Middle East that’s rich in heart-healthy omega-3 fatty acids. It’s also high in protein, while low in calories.
- Nothing beats a sweet potato! They are loaded with fiber nutrients and can help you burn fat. The amazing ingredients here are carotenoids, antioxidants which stabilize blood-sugar levels and lower insulins resistance which prevents calories from being converted into fat. They are also loaded with vitamins A, C, and B6.